Friday 8 July 2016

What Hurts Their Hands Doesn't Hurt Mine

"Explain me, Rose." I said "Why are you hiding ?"

"I've hurt everyone. I cannot let myself hurting anyone anymore." She cried.

She had been breaking her own thorns everyday so that nobody gets hurt. She had also done everything she could possibly do to conceal them, but it wasn't enough, someone still got hurt. She used to have some visitors. They said she was the most beautiful flower, flawless, but after a few months, even days, they would leave her because of her visible thorns that hurt their hands. But me, i've seen it all, and i knew.

 It's been a year since the last time we talked face to face, i haven't forgotten how beautiful her crown was. I visited her often in spring, wishing she'd come out along with the other flowers welcoming people. But she never showed up. I somehow managed to talk to her, but there was this wall she build around her preventing me or anyone else to see her. It was always look like i'm talking to a wall, that's what people said. Not a single topic of conversation she liked seemed to entertain her anymore. Every time i asked her to go somewhere, she refused. She said she likes to hide in her wall and be on her own instead of going out meeting new people and acting for fake stories.

I brace myself that day to visit her and tried harder to get in her wall. What surprised me was she let me in. She stood up, showing me her sharp thorns and her beautiful crown. She was in tears, then she started to break her thorns again.

"You're hurting yourself by breaking your thorns." I said, trying to stop her.

"What do you know that i don't know? I've hurt a lot of people by showing them. You always want to know why i'm hiding, now you know why."

"But, i already know them. You've got such beautiful thorns. I just don't know why would you hurt yourself just to get people to like you."

My words stopped her. She turned her back to me, yelled at me to get out.

I didn't visit her for a few days, but i didn't give up on her. I walked pass her place everyday but i didn't dare to knock on her wall, nor even talked to her. One day i found her pieces of thorns, looked like she was breaking them again. I knocked on her wall, no answer. I get in her wall, she wasn't there. I decided to look for her around the garden, but she was no where to be seen so i came back home. I stepped inside, and she was there, smiling at me, and with watery eyes she asked,

"Why do you keep trying?"

"Because i know who you really are, and i like you the way you are." I said, unexpectedly uttering my feeling towards her.

"But i hurt people." She cried.

"And i love you, and what hurts their hands doesn't hurt mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment